Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 6 and 7

This was my first week back from break(public holiday). I won't lie, it was rather difficult to go from a week of total relaxation and siestas to having to working eight hours a day and waking up before 530 AM. Luckily I love my internship and the people there, making the transition much easier.

I was in the office alone until about 9 AM making a checklist to my supervisor. Too bored because some of my teammates have to go to GHR ( Genting Highland ) a week. After i send the checklist to my supervisor, he give me task that have to enter in data center to marking, counting and make checklist all hardware item in the data center for disposal. My company will make a checklist for disposal item every December to dispose all item. It take 2 week to marking, counting and make a checklist with this task..

I and my another trainee responsible to handle this task settle before my last day internship. Item that should counting in data center to dispose are monitor, cpu, keyboard, printer, sata cable, hard disk, RAM, dvd drive, cd rom and also laptop. Hard disk, Ram, dvd drive and cd rom must be separated from the cpu. Its very difficult to me as a girl that have to pick up the cpu, open the cpu to take all item in the cpu. All cpu to heavy to bring. For your information, cpu in data center almost over than 1000, counting the Ram that over than 1300 pieces, Its very2 take time to handle this task.

After settle marking and counting the item, i responsible to make a checklist for this task that have send to my manager for approval.

In data center, i also do another task that have to arrangement the data center tape to keep safety. Data center tape have over than 10000 tapes to arrange. With different color and number of tape make my work easier. =)



Data Center tape.
:Arrangement between colors and the numbers of tape.
Data Center.




No comments:

Post a Comment