Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 4

It's hard to believe that this week is already over. So much happens in the span of one week that time is flying by around me. I still feel as though I have just arrived, and yet I have been here over a month. It's hard to keep up with myself.

After my supervisor believe me to handle the case, he leave me to do my own way. Now i can do by my self to handle case. I as IT technical support officer will maintain and monitor the computer systems and network of my company. I may install and configure computer systems, diagnose hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems, either over the phone or in person. The case depending on the user, if the case about application faults, i can remote user computer to find out the problem but if the problem is about hardware which is printer or hardware problem, i can meet with user personally at their area. Beside that, i also make a check list for all form in technical support such as checklist installation form, disposal form, loan unit form and so on. Every single week, i will submit the latest updated checking list to my supervisor.

For this week, i have to setup 7 unit pc and 3 unit laptop to the user. Its take around 4 days to setup the all pc with installation all standard software and special software that user needed. After i done setup the pc with installation, i have to make a checklist installation form that have submit to my supervisor approve before delivering the pc to the user. After make a approval form my supervisor i have to make a call confirmation for delivering to the user. On the call i'll take the user detail which is the full name of user, department, floor and set time for delivering.

No comments:

Post a Comment